Direct Relief, a leading humanitarian non-profit medical support organization, is seeking a dedicated and skilled Public Health Analyst to join our team. As a Public Health Analyst at Direct Relief, you will play a vital role in supporting our mission to improve global healthcare by analyzing public health data, monitoring and evaluating health programs, reporting on grants, and contributing to the design of impactful humanitarian health initiatives.
- Data Analysis and Epidemiology: Conduct comprehensive analysis of public health data to identify trends, patterns, and risk factors. Apply epidemiological methods and statistical techniques to assess disease burden, track health outcomes, and inform evidence-based interventions.
- Spatial Analysis: Utilize spatial analysis techniques to understand the geographic distribution of health issues, identify hotspots, and support targeted interventions. Proficiency in Python and/or R for spatial analysis is a plus.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation frameworks for health programs, ensuring data collection, quality assurance, and analysis. Assess program effectiveness, impact, and outcomes to inform programmatic decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Grant Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely reports on grants, ensuring compliance with donor requirements. Provide clear and concise narratives and visualizations to communicate program achievements, challenges, and impact.
- Program Design and Assessment: Contribute to the design and development of impactful humanitarian health programs, including needs assessments, program logic models, and performance indicators. Participate in program evaluations to assess effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaboration and Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with internal teams, external partners, and public health experts to gather insights, exchange knowledge, and leverage expertise. Engage with relevant stakeholders to build partnerships, share findings, and advocate for evidence-based interventions.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or a related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Proven experience in public health analysis, epidemiology, and monitoring and evaluation of health programs.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Python and/or R. Experience with spatial analysis libraries (e.g., GeoPandas, sf) is highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of epidemiological study design, statistical analysis, and data visualization techniques.
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation frameworks, indicators, and tools used in the public health sector.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex information to diverse audiences.
- Experience in reporting on grants and donor requirements is an advantage.
- Passion for public health, global healthcare, and the humanitarian mission of Direct Relief.
US based applicants only.
Employment Type: Full-time Regular
Location: California, Santa Barbara, CA, US
Salary Range: $85,000.00 – $100,000.00 Annually
The salary range for this position is $85,000 to $100,000 per year and will be commensurate with the candidate’s previous experience, credentials and location. Additionally, Direct Relief offers a generously paid medical, dental and vision plan. Also, a flexible spending account, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits.